Barnes Museum - Pease One-Room Schoolhouse Project
Do you have any of the items listed below needed for the Pease Schoolhouse Project?
Contact: Carol LeBreck
*** List of items being sought for the Pease One-Room School ***
Most of these items will be used to create a replica of a “small classroom” as students might have experienced in the early 1900s. Others will be displayed throughout the schoolhouse.
- Tall hand pump for outside
- Map case with pull-down/roll-up maps [or other old maps]
- Large wind-up wall clock with pendulum
- Old bookcase [Barrister/Lawyer style - would be interesting]
- Small-sized pot belly stove
- Early US Flag [for wall mount with pole]
- Hand-held slate boards; erasers, chalk
- Organ stool
- Old textbooks & Library books – K-8 grade levels
- Kerosene lamps: wall-mounted style and hanging style
- Water cooler [Gray porcelain or blue & white Ceramic - see photo]
- Table model, battery-powered Radio [for “School On the Air” programs]
- Lunch buckets, pails, boxes
- Photos – Washington, Lincoln, etc.
- Globe [we have one dated to the 70s, but others would be welcomed]
- Cursive writing scroll and other teaching resources typically displayed in classrooms
- Small teacher’s desk
Books for sale from
the Eileen Area Historical Society
EAHS The Barns of Eileen with color photos is currently available for purchase for $15 plus $5 for postage if mailed,
EAHS Town of Eileen Remembered: Family Histories of Town Residents - Past and Present is available for $10 plus $5 if mailed.